MyShingle has been named as one of the ABA Journal’s Top 100 Blawgs. I’ve placed my badge of honor in the sidebar to the left. My blog is included the in the category of Lawyer’s Toolkit, whatever that means, and if you’re so inclined, you can click on this link to vote for my blog.
While I’m honored at my inclusion on this list, it’s difficult to fully celebrate when so many excellent blogs didn’t make the cut. Moreover, as I posted earlier on a listserve, with 3000 blogs, I’m not so sure it’s even feasible to have a “best of.” My own preference would be to have an award for best blog reporting or blog article or series, which was my response here when I contributed to a Blawg Review meme on “simply the best blogs.”
By the way, if you’re interested in some of my own personal favorites from MyShingle, consider these:
- Pick Up the Phone and Make Yourself a Better Lawyer (April 2003);
- The Bar’s Dirty Little Not So Secret Secret: Disciplinary System Discriminates Against Small Firms (May 2003);
- Maryland Rule Banning NonLawyer/Lawyer Referral Groups Discriminates Against Solo and Small Firms (May 2005);
- Saying Nay to the Naysayers (May 2005);
- I Have Been Crazy Busy (February 2006);
- And Where Were the Women Solo Lawyers…probably too busy blogging, running businesses and practicing law to complain(February 2006);
- Hey Biglaw, Where Were You When It Mattered? (May 2006);
- The Smallest Things Have the Biggest Impact (December 2006)
- The Florida Bar Won’t Let Lawyer Promise to Help You Get Rid of That “Vermin Who Is Your Spouse(March 2007);
- A Tale of Two Lawyer Rating Systems (June 2007)
If you feel like taking a trip down memory lane and revisiting some of your “oldies but goodies,” send me a link to your “Top Ten Blogging Hits” and I’ll compile them for a post.