This past Friday, I presented a nearly full day seminar, Solo By Choice in the Current Economy at the Oregon Bar Center, sponsored by the Professional Liability Fund, the Oregon State Bar Sole and Small Firm Practitioners Section and the Practice Management Section of the Oregon Bar. But as I was preparing the materials, I realized that sitting through five hours on the the minutia of getting a practice going – where to locate, how to bill, choosing a practice area and marketing – can make the process seem completely overwhelming and lethally boring.
So I decided to open my presentation with a video focusing on the big picture: how starting a law firm can help lawyers realize the dreams that sent them to law school to begin with and how other lawyers have done just that. Because when you have a big picture – a dream or a mission in mind, the details all fall seamlessly into place. Take a look at the video below- or if you want to slow it down (there’s lots of detail on the slides), there’s a link to the Slideshare format at the end.
- Some Free Tools for Starting A Law Firm
- Building an Innovative Law Firm: A How To With An Innovative Power Point
- More Lawyer Videos, From Beverly Hills IP Solo Michael Cohen
- Start Your Law Firm by 2009: More Information On Six Weeks Til Solo Practice
- Don’t Ignore Your Core: Lessons from the Demise of Slideshare.net