I’ve been out and about lately, so I thought it was time for a round up post highlighting the terrific resources that MyShingle has to offer.
1. Status of ebooks and tutorials: In December 2010, drop.io, the repository that MyShingle had been using for our free ebooks and tutorials, shut down. Since then, I’ve been searching for an online portal that’s easily accessible and searchable. I hope to have the new platform up and running before the end of the month, so hold on to your passwords! They’ll still work.
2. If you haven’t checked out our great One Sheet Generator for putting together your own one page brochure (see sidebar for my example), please give it a whirl.
3. Interested in learning what your bar association has to offer solos? Or what other bar associations are doing? Look no further than The Bars Reviewed, the only comprehensive guide to what all 50 state bars offer for solos. Many of these resources are available to non-bar members, so take advantage of this treasure trove of information. We’ve also got links to a large number of stock forms on starting a practice as well as court forms online at Soloformania.
6. Visit our sponsors – MyShingle has been hosting sponsors for a while, though the program is still in its infancy. It is important to me to vet the products and also to make sure that my sponsors receive value from supporting this site. Virtually all revenue generated from sponsorships goes back into the site, so that I can continue to offer high quality information.
7. In the next few weeks, we’ll be restoring our online resource library and rolling out incredible tools and a neat initiative that will help you get your practice off the ground. So stay tuned.
If you’re new here, take some time to look around. And if you’re returning, thanks for your continued support.