My readers know that it’s extremely rare for me to promote a paid event. But every once in a while, I’ll make an exception for a program that is so worthwhile that I have to pass it on. Sonya Smith-Valentine’s new LawyerSpeak, which teaches lawyers how to find paid speaking engagements — either to market their practices, share their expertise or add another source of revenue — fits into that category.
I must confess that I haven’t seen the course materials for LawyerSpeak, but I have heard Sonya speak and seen her materials for the Solo Practice Boot Camp she offered (not sure if she still does) and they are jam-packed, full of substance and enough new ideas and practical tips to last you for a long time. Which brings me to another point about Sonya – she is a powerful and enthusiastic speaker, but equally important for lawyers (Sonya herself is a consumer rights lawyer), she is down-to-earth and practical and doesn’t offer any suggestions that will make you feel stupid or self-conscious or violate ethics rules. If you are interested in adding speaking to your repertoire and getting paid for it besides, you should really consider this program. For additional information, go to Lawyerspeak.net.
Sonya Smith-Valentine (www.LawyerSpeak.net) practices consumer rights law.
- Solo Offerings for Solos: Marketing Listserve (Free) & Solo Boot Camp in Maryland
- What Cutting Ethical Corners Says About You As A Lawyer
- From Reader Michael Smith: A Checklist for Opening A Law Office
- You know what…this judge WAS a few fries shy of a Happy Meal
- Ever Have A Case That Wouldn’t End? It’s Not Your Fault…