I remember when I first corresponded with Enrico Schaefer, the Greatest American Lawyer back in the early days of the blogosphere. At the time, Enrico had just left his firm to start his own and was blogging anonymously presumably to keep his former partner from learning the details of his plan.
When Enrico started his blog, he was on a mission to change the way law is practiced. And while the legal landscape looks much different than back in 2005 when Enrico launched, there’s still more of the same old same old than most of us would like. But at least, Enrico has changed his piece of the legal world by building a successful, innovative legal firm with a global presence . Lots of the practices that today’s lawyers are labeling as “innovative” – client portals, paperless offices, flat fees, streamlined retainers , money back guarantees and virtual assistants – were staples of Enrico’s practice when he opened his doors six years ago.
Staying at the forefront in a changing legal landscape is always a challenge – so I was thrilled to see that Enrico’s firm is still capturing the attention it deserves – an engaging writeup in a NorthernExpress.com and an interview on Michigan Entrepreneur. I for one will look forward to the continued surprises that Enrico’s firm will bring – and if you’re just starting out or looking for ways to reinvigorate your practice, you should keep an eye on him too.
- GAL – I Knew Him When….And So Did Many Others
- GAL’s GAS (Great American Success) Continues
- If you had 20 hours of law student time this summer, how would you spend it? And if you’re a law student, what would make you want to take a job with a solo?
- Anthony Colleluori: How I’ve Made A Difference Practicing Law, and How Being A Lawyer Changed My Perspective
- Thank You Thursdays: You Never Know Whose Life You May Have Changed