The 21st Century Retainer Agreement is making a comeback September 6. For $49, you get a 75 minute webinar, slide deck and recording plus an 80 page ebook (including lots of ethics research), along with a 100 page appendix with forms (PDF and word), samples and more. Here’s what the See the Fee Chapter in the Ebook covers:
1. Ethics considerations with flat fees and advances:
- Do flat fees go into operating account (earned on receipt) or into trust account (earned after work is done)?
- Is a flat fee or retainer fee non-refundable?
- When is a flat fee unreasonable?
2. Dealing with ethics constraints of flat fees:
- The Milestone approach to retainer fees (or how to get paid along the way if flat fees must go into the trust account)
- What NOT to say in a flat fee arrangement
(includes sample language)
3. Other alternative fees (and sample language):
- reverse contingency
- phased flat fees
- subscription service agreements
- barter arrangements
- Groupon/daily deal retainer provisions
Again – that’s just the content in one chapter!
To sign up for the program and see a longer description, click here.