1. Name, name of firm, location and practice areas.
Chris Peterson, Peterson Law Group, Bryan/College Station, Texas with satellite office in Conroe, Texas, Practice Areas: Small business law; commercial & residential real estate; family & divorce law; wills, trusts & estate planning
2. Name 3 to 5 of the most important or frequently used software (desktop or cloud) products in your practice and describe, briefly, how you use them?
Clio (web-based SaaS law practice management solution that handles contact management, calendar management, invoicing, client extranet etc.)
ProDoc (document assembly program for Texas lawyers)
Fortis (electronic document management – we have full text indexing/OCR for every document that exists in our office)
Quickbooks Online (web-based accounting program)
HP LaserJet M 4345 MFP (scans, faxes, copies, e-mails etc)
Stamps.com (how we mail/overnight everything without the need for a postage meter)
3. What’s your favorite tech tool under $100?
Google Voice (free is always good)
4. Name on favorite app for phone or ipad.
5. What do you use for legal research?
6. And…off tech…what’s the neatest and/or most useful piece of non-tech swag that you keep on your desk or in your briefcase?
I have a good old-fashioned court deadline & per diem interest calculator that I got from a court reporter in 2000 which is easier to use than any computer software. It is 2 concentric wheels that spin to calculate. Inner wheel shows the number of days to be calculated; outer wheel shows the date.