If you’re a lawyer, are you:
- Fed up with your law firm taking credit for your hard work, or reaping financial rewards while you bill thousands of hours?
- Tired of wasting your talent on uninspired work and unpalatable clients?
- Sick of being told to be patient, and wait your turn for advancement and more responsibility?
- Feeling guilty about missing out on your kids growing up or dumping your home responsibilities on your partner’s shoulders because your current position is too demanding?
- Struggling to repay loans and save for your kids’ college on a miserly salary?
- Remorseful at having settled for a JD-adjacent position instead of using your law degree to change the world?
- Mad as hell that you’ve been passed over again and again for promotions and new opportunities at your firm because of your gender, your race or both?
Maybe it’s finally time to make 2022 the year you start your law practice.
You won’t be alone.
In the wake of the pandemic, declaring ownership of one’s talent isn’t a moment but a movement. Workers across all industries have re-examined their priorities, precipitating “the big quit” -- 4 million people in April 2021 alone, according to Labor Department statistics. Now it’s time for lawyers to do the same.
The time to start has never been more right than now:
- The Creator Economy -- where creators maintain ownership and control of their talent -- is thriving across all industries and will have spillover effect in the legal profession. Finally, it’s easier than even to stand out as a one-in-a-million lawyer, rather than one of millions of lawyers.
- Legal technology advances are facilitating remote work, document automation and sophisticated legal research are booming, enabling lawyers to serve clients faster, better and cheaper. It’s never been more affordable than now to start your own firm.
- Relaxation of regulation of non-lawyer firm ownership rules is creating immense opportunity for lawyers. You can start a traditional firm, a hybrid with another professional or a national virtual practice. The possibilities for new business models are endless.
- Lawyers are realizing that life’s too short to stay small and unhappy. This is the time to break free.
Join me for a free webinar, Make 2022 the Year You Start Your Law Practice. We’ll discuss:
- Why the time is right to start your own law practice;
- The financial and personal benefits of owning rather than loaning your talent;
- A whole new world of business models for new law firms;
- What you need to start and what it may cost and
- You ask, I answer - my responses to your Q&A.
Date - Friday November 19, 2021
Time - 3 pm ET
The webinar is FREE but you’ll have to register in advance. If you submit a question, you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $100 Amazon Gift Card. Once you register, you’ll receive the webinar access information.
About the Presenter:
Carolyn Elefant is a law firm owner, creator of the long-running website, MyShingle.com which has given thousands of lawyers the courage to start their own firms, a recognized legal rebel and influencer.
© 2021 MyShingle.com